Thursday, September 11, 2014

Our Favorite Part of the School Day

Blogging Challenge Day 11:
What is your favorite part of the school day and why?
Meg-
My favorite part of the school day is the beginning of the day from 7:45 - 7:55 A.M.  In these ten minutes, the students come into the building (generally pretty energetically in sixth grade...not so much in the older grades, ha!) and buzz to their lockers.  I am at my perch outside my classroom door sipping on my tea and chatting with my students as they come to and fro. Sometimes I will have to go help a student with a jammed locker, and sometimes I will get visits from past students who want to catch up for a few minutes.  Other times I share in some pleasant collegial banter with the other teachers in the hall as we watch over our flock together.  In these short ten minutes, I am reminded of the energy and happiness that teaching brings me.

Jamie-
Passing periods are my favorite part of the day. 
I love to sit outside my classroom on my little
green stool greeting my current students, reminiscing with previous students, and sharing a few good laughs with other teachers/staff. I know that if I am having a bad day, all I need to do is spend a few minutes out in the hall with the kids. They really know how to put a smile on my face. And, I know that a simple greeting from me may make all the difference in someone else's day, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment