Tuesday, September 2, 2014

New EdTech Goodies

Day two in the 30 day teacher blogging challenge:

Write about one piece of technology that you would like to try this year, and why. You might also write about what you’re hoping to see out of this edtech integration.

Meg - My sixth grade students are piloting iPads this year, yippee!  This truly is exciting, but as much as I consider myself pretty edtech savvy, I really do not have a lot of experiences with iPad apps for education because, well, my students have never had iPads to use before.  I hope to learn about a plethora of iPad apps that I can have my students use to share their learning with me, their peers, and the world.  I have already created a new YouTube channel for my class with the hopes that we will have a bunch of helpful math videos to upload and share with the world.
Jamie - As I start the year, I would like to try using QR codes.  My English students currently create book reviews and/or book advertisements by making podcasts, book trailers, and print ads, so I was thinking it would be fun to use QR codes in conjunction with my classroom library. When students are perusing my library looking for their next book to read, they would be able to use the QR codes to listen, view, and/or read other students' recommendations.  I love that QR codes provide me with an authentic audience for my students and help me to build a community of readers. Can't wait to give this a try!






No comments:

Post a Comment