Friday, September 12, 2014

5 Years in the Future

Blogging Challenge Day 12
How do you envision your teaching changing over the next five years?
Meg-This is a tricky question for me to answer.  Education is constantly evolving, and I have no doubt that there will be tools and initiatives in place five years from now that will be hard for me to predict.  Nonetheless, I know I will remain dedicated to continued learning and will evolve along with these changes.  In the next five years I envision myself taking on more formalized leadership roles within schools.  I am only three weeks into my new Master’s Degree program in Educational Leadership and Administration, but I realize there is the need for school leaders who have strong skills in communication, instruction, and motivation (among a plethora of other skills).  I hope to develop myself over the next few years into a stronger leader who will be enthusiastically prepared to cultivate school cultures where everyone is committed to continuous growth and student learning.
Jamie-In the next five years, I see myself continuing to develop my curriculum to make it more about the process of learning and getting my students to take ownership of their own learning.  I want my students to leave my classroom being critical thinkers.  My goal is to produce young adults who are motivated to learn.  It is my hope that I can continue to make the curriculum more about my students and their learning interests.  I truly want to take on the role of facilitator in my classroom and allow students the freedom of choice in both their reading and writing. My district's One to World technology initiative will for sure play an important role in this plan. Every year I take a few more steps towards my goal, so fingers crossed for what might be possible in five years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment