Monday, September 8, 2014

Hmmm....what is in that desk drawer?

Blogging Challenge Day 8

What's in your desk drawer, and what can you infer from those contents?

Jamie-Honestly, I don't use my desk drawer very often.  My desk has only one small center drawer, so there isn't much that I can fit in there.  Once upon a time it had a key, but that is long gone.  When I look inside, I see colored paper clips, a box of staples, markers, pens, pencils, a few notepads, a few photos from days past, and a few quarters.  Seriously, a bunch of random odds and ends.
This really doesn't shock me because I am the kind of gal who likes to put my office supplies in cute containers on my desk.  I am a basket lover, so I have a few baskets filled with supplies as well.  If I can't see my supplies or my things, then I forget that I have them. They get sucked into the deep abyss, so I like to keep things out where I can see them.  I am a very visual person--gotta see it.
Meg-
Well this all depends on whether we peek into my top, middle, or bottom desk drawer.  The top drawer has hall passes, some butterfly clips (for those big stacks of paper that a paper clip can't handle), a few quarters (for the emergency snack/beverage), some Bandaids (blisters, cuts, ya' never know), a travel sewing kit (wouldn't it be mortifying to not be able to repair a hole ripped in your pants?!), a single hole punch (name tags), a nail file (nothing more annoying than a jagged nail to distract me from teaching), hand sanitizer (we work with children, of course I have hand sanitizer)....let's just stop with that.  It's pretty evident that I like to be prepared.  The drawer isn't a mess; I have a drawer organizer inside!  I just also have a lot of useful supplies to fill the organizer.  ;)  The middle drawer is devoted to my cute notepads and colorful felt tip pens, meaning I like to communicate in style.  The bottom drawer has some hanging files for my confidential papers, copies of papers submitted to the office, as well as my books of stickers.  Again, I think this goes along with my desire to stay organized.  The more organized I can be, the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment